The Annual Conference is being as a hybrid event this year. In-person attendance will be at the Salem Conference Center, adhering to all state policies regarding social distancing. Virtual attendance for designated seminars only will be held online. All registrants will receive an email with instructions on how to login and download the app. Once received, you may login at any time, up to 3-months post event to watch seminars that have been recorded.
2. Do you have COVID policies?
PLSO and Salem Conference Center will be adhering to all state required policies regarding masks and distance in January 2022. However, PLSO cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19. Please read the Covid-19 Waiver and Release of Claims Policy here.
3. Who should attend?
The conference offers distance learning and online networking with other attendees for the surveying profession. It also includes vendor exhibits, Education and Outreach Auction, Awards Ceremony and the annual PLSO Membership meeting. You need to attend if you are:
4. Do I need to be a member of PLSO?
No. However, PLSO members receive a discounted registration rate. To join PLSO, click here.
5. Can I receive Professional Development Hours (PDHs) by attending?
6. Is there a difference in price between in-person and virtual attendance?
The Committee is currently creating the budget and registration prices. However, yes, it will cost more to attend in-person. Registration will go live in November. Early-bird pricing will apply through December.
7. I only want to participate in the Education & Outreach Silent Auction. Do I need to pay?
No, you can participate online for free right here: www.charityauctionstoday.com/auctions/PLSO-26507
8. Can I register more than one person at a time?
Due to our registration software set up, we do not have the ability to register more than one conference attendee at a time. If you need to register multiple employees and would like to pay on one invoice, email firstname.lastname@example.org and Aimee McAuliffe will help you.
9. What if my company will only pay by invoice?
10. Which credit cards do you accept?
11. I don’t want to pay by credit card, what are my options?
12. If I cannot attend, can someone attend in my place?
Yes, please contact the office to get the records transferred. This must be requested in writing to email@example.com by 5 PM on January 17, 2022.
13. What if I need to cancel?We’re sorry to hear that! PLSO Conference Cancellation Policy:
Cancellations received on or before January 1, 2022 will receive their total registration minus a $40 administrative processing fee. Those received on or after January 2, 2022 will receive a 50% refund. Refunds will not be given for cancellations received after 5 PM, Pacific Time on January 14, 2022, no-shows or partial attendance.
14. What does PLSO do with the funds raised for registration and the Auction?Registration fees directly pay the costs of running the Annual Conference, such speakers, audio visual equipment, meals, etc. Any revenue realized past total costs go towards supporting yearly activities of PLSO – a non-profit trade association dedicated to serving the land surveying profession in Oregon through continuing education and outreach, holding paramount the interests of the public.
Donations and funds raised by the Education and Outreach Auction go towards supporting scholarship funds and the activities of the Educational Goals and Outreach Committee.
Objectives of the committee are: