Survey Technician/Drone Specialist
Location: Redmond, Oregon
Availability: Immediate opening for full-time employment
Contact Info: (541)548-6778 - Office
Povey & Associates Land Surveyors has an immediate opening for an UAS/Drone Specialist to join a small, fun, and motivated team that is looking to further their career in one of the fastest growing industries.
At Povey & Associates we have 99 years of serving our community with a rich family-oriented tradition. We pride ourselves on the variety of services we provide, use of cutting-edge technology, flexibility working with clients, and community service.
We are looking to add a team member that will be ready to hit the ground running with minimal training. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone with geospatial, drone, photogrammetry, photo/video experience to be able to grow and learn as we are not a big corporate company. The ideal candidate will have experience in both UAS flight operations and data processing/organization. Around the office we all have our specialties but often lean on each other for support and the ideal candidate will be able to keep things moving along and support all team members.
We are flexible about the amount of experience and are willing to train for the right candidate. Preference will be given to someone who can both manage their own projects and work as a part of the team. Our ideal candidate will be intuitive, a critical thinker, and be able to manage various projects simultaneously.
· Prepare and execute aerial mapping projects using cutting edge drone technology and software.
· Assist with field surveying operations including topographic mapping, boundary surveys, and construction surveying.
· UAS maintenance and repair if viable
· Work in an exciting and fast-paced environment with high efficiency.
· Experience and proficiency in Pix4D, Trimble Business Center, other flight planning and processing apps and software
· UAS license or ability to obtain is preferred
· Point cloud editing and drone data processing experience is preferred
· Field surveying experience using GPS and Total Stations is preferred
· Must have a driver’s license and a clean record
· Open minded, sense of humor, and likes dogs
Benefits (After 3 months):
· Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
· 401k with matching
· Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
· Company-paid continuing education and registration/licensing fees
PO Box 230548 Tigard, OR 97281
Learn about PLSO
Board & Chapter Information
County & State Offices
News & Events
The Oregon Surveyor
Surveyor of the Year
Education & Careers
PLS Exam Study
Job & Intern Board
Support Education & Outreach
Board of Directors Portal