The Oregon State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying will soon be looking to fill both its land surveyor positions on its volunteer board.
The Governor-appointed Board consists of eleven volunteer members:
- two members of the general public
- two professional land surveyors
- five professional engineers
- one professional engineer and professional land surveyor
- one registered photogrammetrist
PLSO has two members that are interested in these positions, Tim Fassbender and Robert Lennox, who will be seeking the Board's endorsement. If you are also interested in applying for OSBEELS Board Membership and PLSO endorsement, please notify Chairman Shawn Kampmann.
672.240 State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying; appointment; qualifications; officers. (1) The State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying shall operate as a semi-independent state agency subject to ORS 182.456 to 182.472 for the purpose of carrying out ORS 672.002 to 672.325. The board shall consist of 11 members appointed by the Governor as follows:
(a) Two members shall be members of the general public.
(b) Two members shall be registered professional land surveyors.
(c) Five members shall be registered professional engineers.
(d) One member shall be registered both as a professional engineer and as a professional land surveyor. However, if a qualified individual is not available, the Governor may appoint either a registered professional engineer or a registered professional land surveyor.
(e) One member shall be a registered photogrammetrist. However, if a qualified individual is not available, the Governor may appoint either a registered professional engineer or a registered professional land surveyor.
(2) The Governor shall appoint members to the board so that there is at least one member of the board from each congressional district in this state.
(3) Each engineer, land surveyor or photogrammetrist member of the board shall have been:
(a) A resident of this state for at least three years immediately preceding appointment; and
(b) Practicing as a registered professional engineer, registered professional land surveyor or registered photogrammetrist for at least five years since the date of the individual’s initial registration.
(4) The board shall elect biennially from among its members a president and vice president for the ensuing biennial term.
Apply for Board Membership
Board & Commissions Page
PLSO Bylaws Regarding Endorsement