Oregon Surveyor Wins NSPS Award Again!
Congratulations to Greg Crites for winning Best Editorial from NSPS for the second year in a row! This year's entry was from Volume 41, No. 5. Click here to check it out!
As a reminder, Greg would like to find an Assistant Editor for the magazine so that when he is ready to step down in the next year or two, the transition is seamless.
Below is the current job description for the EDITOR position.
Editor Job Description
- Review/revise submissions for publication including checking of spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Review Executive Secretary and Chair’s letter, similar to above
- Submit Editor's letter
- Correspondence with Executive Secretary/Chair regarding content
- Determine article suitability in consultation with editorial committee (when necessary)
- Consult with authors regarding clarifications/edits
- Fact/reference checking for content accuracy, as needed
- Submission of articles to publisher
- Review/edit proofs produced by publisher for layout, content and style
- Correspond w/editor-publisher regarding revisions
- Approve final proof prior to publication in consult w/Executive Secretary/Chair
- Suggest article topic ideas to appropriate writers if needed
Greg has noted that his involvement as Editor requires no more than four hours per issue. It would also be helpful if the person who expresses interest in shadowing his position has Adobe Acrobat Professional or Bluebeam review software (or suitable equivalent). As he's now retired, he no longer has access to this, or any other .pdf file editor.
Please email Aimee McAuliffe at email@example.com for more information.